It's a brand new year and I'm excited to hit the ground running now that the last Christmas celebrations are completed (The first weekend of January we had an extended family shindig). In past years I haven't done much in the way of making resolutions, I've never believed in diets or going cold turkey to change your life. But this year I'm going to try at a couple that I know will make my life better in healthy incremental ways that I wait to keep up for the rest of my life.
New Years Resolutions
- Make smaller attainable goals for my life each month, to improve my motivation levels.
- Not be discouraged by my failures, but learn from them. Mostly the not be discouraged part though, 'cause seriously...I fail at my goals so often because life and mental health issues just happen.
- Celebrate the good stuff no matter how small, to cultivate gratitude and boost my positive thinking.
- Exercise daily, which is a habit I will build gradually. But eventually I want to have at least 5 minutes and ideally 30 minutes spent doing something that's not sitting on my butt.
- Do some of the things I've had my list forever, and by this I mean fun things like that book I've meant to read, tackling Steam games I've had for over a year without trying, and new foods or travel experiences.
To get things started off I'm going to go over some of my January goals here, because writing about them makes me feel more motivated to take them on.
- Write or post videos here 3 times a week.
- Get in exercise 2-3 times a week consistently this month. Learn to love it along the way.
- Play 2 new Steam games, read 5 new books, listen to new music every week.
- Do one of those new things every day, because they're fun!
- Try cleaning my house for 15 minutes each day.
January Blog Related Goals
I almost didn't share this with you guys, but I feel like it's a really important part of what I'm doing that needs to be seen. Bloggers work hard too, especially when we're making it our job. And that's my main goal these days, which is hard sometimes, but all my successes get me excited. I really want to share that with you all!
- Meet my new monthly goal of over 5,000 visitors here. Last month I was down a bit at 2134, but in November I had 3630. I can do this!
- Post to social media daily and increase followers to the specified numbers - Facebook page 125, Twitter 350, Tsu, empowr, and Instagram 500), and post to YouTube weekly to work my way to 50 subscribers.
- Blog about the cool new things I'm trying out. Seriously, this is the fun part that I get to share with you guys! Also I want stick with my planned post schedule at least 60% this month.
- Contact some companies that I love or want to try out and review them here in partnership posts.
- Give my blog a beautiful facelift with the help of some great branding advisors.
Here's a peek at some of the font tests, a bit of which I'm already starting to implement!
This Week's "Menu"
- Start the cleaning and exercise routines mentioned above.
- Start the post routines on social media.
- Plan time for fun new things daily and make it happen.
- Write a book review post Wednesday. (Let's see how I did on my 2015 reading challenge!)
- Finish creating my Winter 2016 Capsule Wardrobe. (So excited about this one!)
- Prep for and then talk to my branding advisors.
As you can see things are looking good, and I'm hoping for a fantastic year of growth in many areas of my life. And to top things off, this past week Bryan and I had our third anniversary. We have yet to really sit down and celebrate it, but we're going to try to do something special soon. This week we're opting for a normal date night, which I don't mind since we're just getting back into the swing of things after all the busyness of the holidays.
I hope all you readers had a great holiday season, let me know what your resolutions are in comments. Or better yet tell me how you've been able to keep up with the resolutions you've made in the past! Tips are always welcome when you're just starting out in any new endeavor.
Happy New Year,